For information regarding exhibitions, and upcoming events, please join the mailing list.
To inquire about work available through the artist, please email: [email protected]
I’m a Bolivian American oil painter who was born in Denver on June 16, 1990. My father named me Cedric so I would not be burdened with picking a pseudonym. Those who know me best describe me as a sparkling cunning snake with a penchant for gummy bears.
I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art in 2016 from Metro State University of Denver, where I learned a lot about art history and art theory. I learned the most about painting through my various apprenticeships and private lessons with master painters such as Felicia Forte, who thought me through online lessons via Skype.
I’ve sold hundreds of paintings and I’ve shipped artwork to nearly every continent. I’m one of the youngest members of The International Guild of Realism, a meta-modern guild whose global mission since its founding is to “recognize the best realists working today”.
I also own a rescued greyhound named Coco whom I might put up for adoption if she pisses in my car again.
A contemporary artist questions an idea; If one were to simply put a urinal into an art gallery, does it become art?
A meta-modernist is both. I consider myself a meta-modernist.
Unlike modern art, my art requires no explanation as to what the viewer is looking at. Unlike contemporary art my art will never be mistaken for trash.
I am an oil painter who focuses on creating realism.
I follow the meta-modern philosophy of Stuckism.
The Stuckist gives up on shock, novelty, gimmick, and petting Coco.
The Stuckist prefers process over cleverness, realism over abstraction, humour over wittiness and painting over smugness. Most of the time the Stuckist dies alone.
- 2012-2016 Metropolitan State University, Denver, CO
- October 2016 – Private Tutoring with Felicia Forte
- 2017 “Dog and Pony Show”, CORE New Art Space, Denver CO – Juried by Doug Kacena
- 2017 “This is not a Duck”, Solo show, NEXT gallery, Denver CO
- 2017 “The Climate show”, NEXT gallery, Denver CO
- 2016 “Political Group show”, NEXT gallery Denver CO
- 2016 “Portrait of the Artist as a Young Dog”, Solo show, NEXT gallery, Denver CO
- 2016 “Project Worthmore”, New Market Events Center, Denver CO
- 2016 “Wide Open Whatever”, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2016 “IceBreaker 7”, Ice Cube Gallery, Denver CO – Juried by Ivar Ziele
- 2016 “FarSide Awakens”, The Armoury, Denver CO
- 2015 “Deck the DPAC” – Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver CO
- 2015 “CVA Portfolio Show” – Center for Visual Arts, Denver CO
- 2015 “Portraits of Frequency”, Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver, CO
- 2015 “Project Worthmore”, Aurora Arts Center, Aurora, CO
- 2015 “Birdseed 100 on 100 Show”, Love Gallery, Denver CO
- 2015 “VFW Post 1”, 841 S. Santa Fe, Denver CO
- 2015 “Salon Des Refuses” – Metro State, Denver CO
- 2014 “Deck the DPAC” – Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver CO
- 2014 “Done Four” – Metro State, Denver CO
- 2014 “Grande Petite”, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2014 “Anything Goes”, Art Core, Pueblo CO
- 2014 “The Painting Show” – Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
- 2013 “Valentine” Denver Art Society, Denver, CO
- 2013 “Birdseed 100 on 100 Show”, Guerilla Garden Studios, Denver CO
- 2013 “Project Worthmore”, Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
- 2013 “La ChitiGaleria De Tu Novia Abuela”, La Paz, Bolivia
- 2012 “RawNerve”, Casselmanns Bar and Venue, Denver, CO.
- 2012 “RawAwards”, Casselmanns Bar and Venue, Denver, CO
- 2012 “Drawing 4 Portfolio Show”, Center for Visual Arts, Denver CO
- 2012 “Mixed Media Open”, Juried Show, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2012 “Ut Pictura Poesis: An Open Art and Poetry Exhibition”, Buxiejo Gallery, Denver, CO
Publications, Press, Podcasts
- “Cedric Chambers”, Podcast in the TomandSteveShow by Tom and Steve, April 23, 2017.
- “#9 Cedric Chambers (Oil Painter)”, Podcast in Matturday by Matthew Squaire, March 6, 2017.
- “Contemporary Portraiture at the Art GAllery at the DPAC”, article written in Metrosphere by Carlos Escamilla, September 8, 2015.
- “25 Most Offensive Paintings Ever Created”, article written in List 25, May 27, 2014.
- “Jesus Darth Vader Painting By Cedric Chambers Selling On eBay”, article written in the Huffington Post by David Moye, November 8, 2013.