I’m a Bolivian American oil painter who was born in Denver on June 16, 1990. My father named me Cedric so I would not be burdened with picking a pseudonym. Those who know me best describe me as a sparkling cunning artist with a penchant for gummy bears.
I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art in 2016 from Metro State University of Denver, where I learned a lot about art history and art theory. I learned the most about painting through my various apprenticeships and private lessons with master painters such as Felicia Forte, who thought me through online lessons via Skype.
I’ve sold hundreds of paintings and I’ve shipped artwork to nearly every continent. I’m one of the youngest members of The International Guild of Realism, a meta-modern guild whose global mission since its founding is to “recognize the best realists working today”.
I also own a rescued greyhound named Coco.
Lance RehsGallery Director / Rehs Contemporary
"...when I saw your work - the way you have so excellently mastered rendering origami and other objects of immense profundity - I knew I must get in touch with you. The work you are doing 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 bravo sir. You are what keeps the art world moving forward, so thank you for your contribution. Keep up the great work 👍🏼"
David MoyeStaff Writer / Huffington Post
"As unforgettable yet controversial images go, it’s hard to top the one made by artist Cedric Chambers."
SamanthaAvid Art Collector
Cedric, I don't know where to start. There are no words to describe how fabulous this painting is. It is beyond amazing. As an avid art collector, I haven't seen talent like this in quite awhile. It's quickly become one of my favorites. Thank you for everything! Anyone considering one of your paintings, should buy it now. Xoxo
A larger than life painting with larger than life characters. Artist worked hard to complete sale. Cannot fault, will purchase again in future. Paintings look much better in person, photos do not do justice to the depth of artistry. Highly recommended
- 2012-2016 Metropolitan State University, Denver, CO
- October 2016 – Private Tutoring with Felicia Forte
- 2018 “tiny ELEPHANT giant MOUSE”, BG Gallery, Santa Monica, CA
- 2018 “100 on 100 on 100”, Art Circus Gallery, Denver CO
- 2017 “Our Neighbors, Ourselves”, New Market Events Center, Denver CO
- 2017 “Dog and Pony Show”, CORE New Art Space, Denver CO – Juried by Doug Kacena
- 2017 “This is not a Duck”, Solo show, NEXT gallery, Denver CO
- 2017 “The Climate show”, NEXT gallery, Denver CO
- 2016 “Political Group show”, NEXT gallery Denver CO
- 2016 “Portrait of the Artist as a Young Dog”, Solo show, NEXT gallery, Denver CO
- 2016 “Our Neighbors, Ourselves”, New Market Events Center, Denver CO
- 2016 “Wide Open Whatever”, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2016 “IceBreaker 7”, Ice Cube Gallery, Denver CO – Juried by Ivar Ziele
- 2016 “FarSide Awakens”, The Armoury, Denver CO
- 2015 “Deck the DPAC” – Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver CO
- 2015 “CVA Portfolio Show” – Center for Visual Arts, Denver CO
- 2015 “Portraits of Frequency”, Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver, CO
- 2015 “Our Neighbors, Ourselves”, Aurora Arts Center, Aurora, CO
- 2015 “Birdseed 100 on 100 Show”, Love Gallery, Denver CO
- 2015 “VFW Post 1”, 841 S. Santa Fe, Denver CO
- 2015 “Salon Des Refuses” – Metro State, Denver CO
- 2014 “Deck the DPAC” – Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver CO
- 2014 “Done Four” – Metro State, Denver CO
- 2014 “Grande Petite”, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2014 “Anything Goes”, Art Core, Pueblo CO
- 2014 “The Painting Show” – Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
- 2013 “Valentine” Denver Art Society, Denver, CO
- 2013 “Birdseed 100 on 100 Show”, Guerilla Garden Studios, Denver CO
- 2013 “Our Neighbors, Ourselves”, Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
- 2013 “La ChitiGaleria De Tu Novia Abuela”, La Paz, Bolivia
- 2012 “Drawing 4 Portfolio Show”, Center for Visual Arts, Denver CO
- 2012 “Mixed Media Open”, Juried Show, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2012 “Ut Pictura Poesis: An Open Art and Poetry Exhibition”, Buxiejo Gallery, Denver, CO
Publications, Press, Podcasts
- “Cedric Chambers”, Podcast in the TomandSteveShow by Tom and Steve, April 23, 2017.
- “#9 Cedric Chambers (Oil Painter)”, Podcast in Matturday by Matthew Squaire, March 6, 2017.
- “Contemporary Portraiture at the Art Gallery at the DPAC”, article written in Metrosphere by Carlos Escamilla, September 8, 2015.
- “25 Most Offensive Paintings Ever Created”, appeared in List 25, May 27, 2014.
- “Jesus Darth Vader Painting By Cedric Chambers Selling On eBay”, article written in the Huffington Post by David Moye, November 8, 2013.