BIO: My name is Cedric Chambers, I was born on June 16, 1990. I graduated from Metro State University with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts in 2016. I’m a member of NEXT gallery and the Oil Painters of America National Art Guild. I live and work in Denver CO.
Mission Statement: My goal is to express my interpretation of the world around me using symbols, motifs, and ideas.
Artist Statement: I think I paint because I have too. Carl Jung once said that rituals emerged as a way to feel a sense of control over one’s destiny, to provide one with a sense of purpose. I think that my ritual, painting, provides me with a purpose. When I’m not painting I get restless.
When I find myself fascinated by a subject or idea, I have to study it. I can’t truly say that I’ve studied a subject until I’ve created a whole body of work devoted to that subject. I’ve created countless paintings and studies that are not included in my portfolio. Also I have a tendency to incorporate different art forms such as origami into my paintings.
I believe that art should be subjective. It should make the viewer feel something. Sometimes I use symbols to imply meaning but the final piece remains subjective. I believe that a skilled artist is constantly learning and that art should always contain some level of mastery.
I paint because I love it and I can’t see myself doing anything else. I plan on painting for the rest of my life. I hope that you feel something when you view my paintings.
Thank you for visiting!
Guilds and Galleries
- 2012-2016 Metropolitan State University, Denver, CO
- 2016 “Portrait of the Artist as a Young Dog”, NEXT gallery, Denver CO
- 2016 “Project Worthmore”, New Market Events Center, Denver CO
- 2016 “Wide Open Whatever”, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2016 “IceBreaker 7”, Ice Cube Gallery, Denver CO
- 2016 “FarSide Awakens”, The Armoury, Denver CO
- 2015 Deck the DPAC – Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver CO
- 2015 “CVA Portfolio Show” – Center for Visual Arts, Denver CO
- 2015 “Portraits of Frequency”, Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver, CO
- 2015 “Project Worthmore”, Aurora Arts Center, Aurora, CO
- 2015 “Birdseed 100 on 100 Show”, Love Gallery, Denver CO
- 2015 “VFW Post 1”, 841 S. Santa Fe, Denver CO
- 2015 “Salon Des Refuses” – Metro State, Denver CO
- 2014 “Deck the DPAC” – Art Gallery at the DPAC, Denver CO
- 2014 “Done Four” – Metro State, Denver CO
- 2014 “Grande Petite”, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2014 “Anything Goes”, Art Core, Pueblo CO
- 2014 “The Painting Show” – Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
- 2013 “Valentine” Denver Art Society, Denver, CO
- 2013 “Birdseed 100 on 100 Show”, Guerilla Garden Studios, Denver CO
- 2013 “Project Worthmore”, Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
- 2013 “La ChitiGaleria De Tu Novia Abuela”, La Paz, Bolivia
- 2012 “RawNerve”, Casselmanns Bar and Venue, Denver, CO.
- 2012 “RawAwards”, Casselmanns Bar and Venue, Denver, CO
- 2012 “Drawing 4 Portfolio Show”, Center for Visual Arts, Denver CO
- 2012 “Mixed Media Open”, Juried Show, Core New Art Space, Denver CO
- 2012 “Ut Pictura Poesis: An Open Art and Poetry Exhibition”, Buxiejo Gallery, Denver, CO
Publications, Press, Podcasts
- “#9 Cedric Chambers (Oil Painter)”, Podcast in Matturday by Matthew Squaire, March 6, 2017.
- “Contemporary Portraiture at the Art GAllery at the DPAC”, article written in Metrosphere by Carlos Escamilla, September 8, 2015.
- “25 Most Offensive Paintings Ever Created”, article written in List 25, May 27, 2014.
- “Jesus Darth Vader Painting By Cedric Chambers Selling On eBay”, article written in the Huffington Post by David Moye, November 8, 2013.